Elder Tillman

Elder Tillman
First meal in Singapore

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Well it has been a crazy first week to the mission. It is super hot and humid out here haha, but welcome to Malaysia, right?! My first area is called Miri, it's on Borneo, or East Malaysia. I found out very quickly that our house was the nicest house in the mission, which is cool, but every house after that will be a step down. We don't spend much time there after 11:00am. As far as investigators go, it has been a good week. When I first got here, we had 5 investigators on date for baptism, and now we have 14 or 15. We have been working hard, and have been blessed with the ability to find others to teach. I attached some videos and pictures of takral (Sp), which is the soccer/volleyball looking game. We were contacting at Kompong, and came across these guys, and I asked if I could play and they were like "Of course", thinking I was going to be terrible! But I did ok lol. The people here are so friendly, we go into these very humble homes and they give us the little food and drink that they have, it's such a great feeling. My trainer is Elder Steadman, he is from Utah and the kid is a STUD! He's awesome. I had the opportunity to give a blessing one of the first nights we went out, and we ended up teaching that lady and her family. They will be on date for baptism soon! I was having a little bit of a rough time with missing family and friends, and I opened my luggage and saw a little note in there from my dad, and it simply said "I love you, boy!" That was the coolest thing ever, and it came at such a great time. Dad, you're the best. I hope you all know that I love you and I miss you dearly, and I could definitely ALWAYS use your prayers for peace and guidance here haha. Thank you so much for all of your support and your help, it has been a tremendous blessing.

STAY UP

Elder Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment